20 November 2010

Just a nibble


The forest floor was covered in wide variety of mushrooms this summer and fall. At one point I got excited because I thought I had found some chanterelles but when I brought them back and looked up chanterelles to identify them, they were obviously something different. The only mushrooms that are visible now are the ones that are on standing tree trunks. This group of mushrooms growing on a dead tree trunk looks pretty appetizing to me, and it seems that at least one other creature also found it tempting. I really need a mushroom expert to guide me, but I wonder if these are oyster mushrooms. I didn't see a dead chipmunk lying under the tree, but I'll fight the temptation to cook these up in butter and garlic and have a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...