So - seven things you may not know about me:
- I am a first-generation Dutch Canadian, yet I neither look Dutch (haven't been blonde since I was 3) or speak Dutch, and I have never been to Holland. I do enjoy salted licorice, though.
- I am a very fast reader.
- I have really flat feet that leave correspondingly strange footprints. I've always been self-conscious about my footprints.
- I have moved thirteen times in twenty years of marriage.
- I have worked as a navigation officer on an icebreaker in the Canadian Arctic, an airport firefighter, and an air traffic controller. And none of those jobs is as exciting as it sounds.
- Someday, I'd like to keep bees.
- The last time I cried at a movie was the South Central Farm scene in Escape from Suburbia.
And I would like to pass the award along to these great blogs:
- Frog Blog is chronicling events at Chorus Frog Farm on Salt Spring Island in its first year (and beyond!)
- I'm Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write has the best tagline: The life and times of an unschooling vegetarian animistic green anarchist hippie child.
- One Straw: Be The Change is an absolute treasure trove of practical information on permaculture in a suburban setting. Warning: set aside a lot of time to read through everything.
- Living the Frugal Life is a really interesting blog about food, thrift and permaculture with lots of lists and records and tons of inspiration.
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Nominate more people
- Tell seven things about yourself