17 October 2008

Dear me


This morning we were graced with the presence of this beautiful deer and her two young. They stayed in the yard long enough for us to thoroughly admire them.


Later, when I went out to the garden, I saw what they had been up to. They ate the carrot tops, all the swiss chard and this beautiful Chinese cabbage I'd been keeping my eye on for supper.


Luckily, most of the garden is under row covers right now, and they haven't figured out how to get under those. A deer fence is now on the to do list for spring.

4 comments:

  1. A deer fence....

    Heh, good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And it has to be cheap, easy to install and attractive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why we gave up on rose bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crafty deer. They lulled me into complacency by not eating anything in the garden all summer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...