28 July 2008

Endurance


Sometimes it's just not worth it.

This poor Caspian Pink tomato is not surviving the unusually cruel treatment I've subjected it to. In the first week of June I had an opportunity to come up to the house, dig up a weedy garden plot, plant some tomato and herb plants and then completely abandon them to their fate for the next seven weeks. We've had a very wet summer so far and the weeds, as they are wont to do, have gone wild. Surprisingly, the other tomatoes, Sweet 100 and Celebrity, are holding up fairly well with some decent fruit. The herbs have taken up with the weeds and are thriving in the neglect. Which is lucky for them, as they are not going to get much attention from me unless I happen to be ripping their leaves off for tea. I'm thinking about next year's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...